The Christchurch Junior Cricket Association runs an annual junior girls’ tournament in the South Island each year.
For the CricHQ site for the 2017 Tournament to be held at Warren Park - CLICK HERE
We see this development tournament as a key tournament in the junior girls’ development and at a time when many are about to start high school. The CJCA invite other associations/clubs to consider attending this girls’ tournament each January in Christchurch
Local players should aim to participate in the CJCA Spring & Summer Tournaments and also by doing so can enroll in the CJCA Winter Training Programme which runs pre-season in August and September each year.
The Tournament is held in the last week of January each year generally during the week to allow access to better venues.
In 2017 the tournament will be played 27-29 January.
Who can come?
· All girls must be year 8 or under at start of the season (October 2016).
· Teams can be a club (we have Auckland Cornwall Cricket Club attend each year), or you can amalgamate two or three clubs, or a regional team (e.g. Nelson, Otago Country) or even a major association e.g. Wellington.
· Games are all T20 (including the finals), 5 games per team over 3 days on grass wickets if possible.
Who has participated throughout the years?
· 2 equal strength Christchurch teams, Nelson, Auckland Cornwall, Otago Country, South Canterbury, Dunedin, Canterbury Country, Otago Districts, Wairarapa & a Year 5/6 Christchurch Metro Development Squad.
· In 2014 Auckland Cornwall won, Canterbury Country won in 2015, Christchurch Red won in 2016
What is the purpose of the Tournament?
· This is a development tournament.
· To play some great cricket in a fun environment and make new friends.
· To provide a pathway for the girls from Junior cricket through to youth cricket.
· To enable the girls to benchmark themselves against girls they do not know from other regions.